Simply Carpets of Keynsham and GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018. This legislation replaces existing data protection laws and governs how companies collect, hold and use people’s personal data.
As a leading provider of quality flooring and fitting services for domestic and commercial customers, Simply Carpets of Keynsham is committed to GDPR compliance and strengthening the security and protection of its customers’ data.
Simply Carpets of Keynsham therefore abides by the following customer data safeguarding principles:
- Only data specifically necessary for the supply and fitting of flooring to a customer’s premises will be collected and stored.
- Customer data is only stored electronically within our premises’ centralised accounting system and secure backup disks. These can only be accessed by our Directors and Senior Administrators.
- Any printed documentation that includes customer data e.g. invoice, statement, delivery note etc. is stored centrally at our premises under lock and key. The only key holders are our Directors and Senior Administrators.
- All printed customer documentation is professionally shredded at time of disposal.
- CCTV camera recordings taken within our premises will not be kept longer than is necessary for the maintenance of good security.
- Our customers have a permanent right to request that all of their data be erased at any time. If you wish to be erased from our systems, please contact our Data Protection Officer detailed below.
- We only use customer data in the processing and fulfilment of customer orders for flooring and fitting, and the optional communication of occasional commercial news and offers.
- None of our customer data is transferred to any third party.
- We expect all of our suppliers to have GDPR procedures in place and encourage customers to familiarise themselves with GDPR.
- All of our staff are familiar with the importance of GDPR and their personal responsibilities to protecting customer data.
Any questions relating to our GDPR procedures can be addressed to
Cherry Foord, The Old Chapel, 52 Temple street Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1EH 0117 9864650 or email@example.com
Simply Carpets of Keynsham is a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 05588288.